Wednesday, March 7, 2012

European Excursion

I have a 2nd cousin who lives in Germany. 5 years ago she came to stay with my family in the states, and we instantly clicked! We made a promise to each other during her stay. Our promise was that she would be at my wedding and I would be at hers. The following summer a girlfriend and I went to travel Italy and Germany, as well as visit my cousin. Every young girl needs a big trip with a dear friend before she gets married! It should be a right of passage. The freedom of traveling by yourself and the novelty of a new country is indescribable. I will still tell people to this day,"Feeling lost in a new culture and a new way of life could perhaps be the most exhilarating feeling in the world."

The following year Jordin and I tied the knot! My cousin fulfilled her end of the bargain and came to the wedding, so it was time to fulfill mine when she became engaged! Jordin and I looked at it as one last grand adventure before we start a family (I am still urging him to squeeze in a few more). We met my mom, dad, and brother in France and had another amazing European excursion! My first time in Europe was an amazing experience, but traveling back with the ones you love most is indescribable in itself!
Here are some of the pics...














No comments:

Post a Comment